Siksika Vacation Resort (SVRL)
Siksika Vacation Resort Company Ltd. (SVRCL) holds the Head Lease agreement for the Siksika Vacation Resort. The Head Lease agreement between SVRCL and Canada is for a 39-year period expiring in 2013. The agreement authorized the development and management of a 9-hole golf course, clubhouse, recreational facilities and 358 cottage lots.
S.E.D.Co and HVGRA negotiated a comanagement agreement subject to conditions which included management conditions and fees, Siksika Nation employment ratio, Business opportunities, and a Siksika Nation designated golf day.
Currently, SRDL Shareholders are exploring viable options for the resort. Community consultation will commence prior to a community referendum to approve the terms and conditions of a headlease.
Established for purposes of operating a first class golf and cottage resort operation
- Resort Property Management
- Resort Property Planning
- Maintain an effective resort property management system
- To improve the safety and continued viability of the Resort property
- Implement the "Going Forward" plan for SVRC in preparation for 2013.
2009 - 2010 Objectives
- Implement SVRL Negotiations Committee
- Review current lease agreement
- Provide information for Siksika Nation members in preparation for 2013 lease expiry.